About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two fabulous kids and a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I love my home, family and friends, serving my community, and am always an Auburn Tiger.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Teacher Gift

This may be a day late and a dollar short, but I wanted to share what I did for CCB's teachers for Halloween.  I bake for them for every holiday, and after a year of doing this, I'm getting requests!  One of CCB's teachers was telling me how they were all excited with the holidays coming up because they love all of the treats.  It is so fun to bake for people that love it. 
I found these cute tins at Tarjay a couple of months ago when they first put their Halloween stuff out.  If there is one thing I have learned about Tarjay is to get it if you think it is cute.  For if you think it is cute, chances are that everyone else does as well! 

This year I baked Brother Boniface's Pumpkin Bread from Southern Living 1998.  Instead of the pecans, I substituted chocolate chips because what isn't better with chocolate?!  They were a hit.  I'm not sure if they made it home with any of her teachers.  This year I was smart and made up a cute little recipe card so if they want to try out the recipe, they can! 


So, even though this is a Halloween theme gift, these are fantastic all fall and would be a great Thanksgiving gift.

Brother Boniface's Pumpkin Bread
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 3 cups sugar 
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 4 large eggs 
  • 1 cup vegetable oil 
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin 
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Preparation

  • Beat first 14 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in pecans. Spoon evenly into 2 greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpans.
  • Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.

1 comment: