About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two fabulous kids and a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I love my home, family and friends, serving my community, and am always an Auburn Tiger.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ducks in a row

My dear friend Melissa is going to be a Mimi, and a fantastic one at that.  We were having lunch one day several months ago and she was telling me about how she was throwing her daughter a shower and it was a duck theme.  She also said she was having trouble thinking of things to go along with the theme. My heart began to beat a little bit faster and my mind began to swirl with ideas of what she could do.

Before I knew it, I was co-hostessing the shower and I was honored to do it. I can highly recommend helping plan and shop for a shower when it isn't your money. 

I LOVE a good theme.  I theme out any committee I am chairing, party I am planning, or room my kid is sleeping. 

Melissa had 3 requirements for the decor.

1.  It has to be cute.  Really cute.

2.  It has to be cost effective.

3 And, it had to involve ducks.  Lots of rubber ducks.

Here are a few ideas we came up with and I hope they inspire you.



 Melissa found these rubber duckies online and wanted to use them in the centerpieces.  We used some large bowls and floating candles that were leftover from Megan's wedding.  We colored some water blue, added some tulle and clear Christmas ornaments to give the suggestion of bubbles. Voila!  An easy and inexpensive centerpiece.



How cute does his name look like this?!  It was a simple decoration done with a Cricut and strung on twine.  Megan has a cute keepsake to hang in Ryker's room.  Even better, he will be working on learning how to spell his name from birth.  And his teachers will know how brilliant he is right from the start.

No matter where you live, go and find your wholesale florist!  We have one in town that sells to the public and it is the cheapest place for fabulous flowers in town.  But, I am warning you.  Bring a jacket!  Even if it is hot out - the coolers where they keep the flowers are cold!  I put the flowers in clear glass vases and added clear and blue stones in them.  We added some of Megan's maternity pictures and had one great looking food table.



   
These cupcakes and cake were made by another super talented co-hostess, Lisa.  I do believe they were the hit of the party.  How cute are they?!




Last, but not least, the favors.  Melissa and I lucked out and found some ribbon with little duckies on them to wrap around chocolate suckers to finish the theme out.  

The cohostesses and adorable Megan.
Ellen, Melissa, Megan the mama to be, Lisa and me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! Welcome to good ol' blogland. I'm excited to see all your future posts. The duck baby shower turned out so adorable, I love the centerpieces. And yay...I'm your first follower! That means we must be blog friends!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I just happened to see your blog on FB, glad I did.

    ReplyDelete