About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two fabulous kids and a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I love my home, family and friends, serving my community, and am always an Auburn Tiger.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

One bite at a time

Do the laundry.

Make a meal plan and try and stick to it.  (Don't forget they need to be healthy meals too!)

Call customers and deliver orders.

Prepare a Sunday school lesson.

Go to a Junior League meeting.

Conduct a Junior League meeting.

Spend one on one time with my children.

Have my own quiet time.

Have an adult conversation with my husband.

Switch the wardrobes from summer to fall.

Christmas shop.

Oh yeah, and solve the world peace problem.

And, I know I'm not the only one whose to-do list looks similar to this.  If you google in Blogland, for simplifying your life, you will find a whole host of suggestions, project ideas and such to make your life easier.  And it is all oh. so. overwhelming. 

I recently found (ok, like 2 days ago) Tsh Oxenreider of Simple Mom's book - One Bite at A Time - 52 Projects for Making Life Simple I heart her blog and I LOVE a good checklist.  I'm going to give this book a try.  The beauty of this book is that it is done in a workbook format so you can check off the projects as you do them.  And, it is broken down into categories, so you can do a category or skip around if you are having a beat to the sound of your own drummer moment.

So, I'll be taking this little journey for the next several months (or year!) as I strive to simplify my life.

And then I'll get on that world peace thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment