About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two fabulous kids and a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I love my home, family and friends, serving my community, and am always an Auburn Tiger.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ribbit!



And now, back to 52 Bites.  I decided to start at the beginning with the very first project - eat your frog.

Tsh says that we need to do one of the things we dislike to do at the beginning o the day and get it out of the way. That way, you can focus on the rest of your day and not dread the inevitable.

What is my frog you ask?! It is a big fat toad.

The laundry.

I detest the laundry, especially the putting away and ironing process. In Gracieland, there are these magical creatures called laundry fairies. Kind of like Tinkerbell and her posse, but they wash, dry, fold and put away your laundry. It is just like magic.

When I was in grad school in Auburn and newly married, I was getting used to doing laundry for a man who created massive amounts of laundry. Being the busy student that I was, the laundry would pile up and we wouldn't have a thing to wear. Well, instead of schlepping to the laundry mat, I would pile the laundry in the car and take it to the magical laundry place where they would do your laundry for you. Yes, laundry by the pound. The best part?! Philip never knew. A real life laundry fairy existed in Auburn, Alabama. I did have to retrain myself on how to fold his tshirts so he would think I did it. No, I shouldn't have "lied" to my new husband. But a busy girl has got to do what a girl has got to do.

Since laundry fairies do not exist in Southern Indiana, I must eat this frog.

My solution? Take the laundry one bite at a time. This week, once we are up and ready for the day, progress will be made on the laundry. My other goal is to get CCB involved so she can put away some of her laundry. She is short, but not too short to put things in drawers. I think the key to this particular toad is to take the laundry one day, one load at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel better knowing that somewhere in the world there's a friend out there looking at the load of laundry detesting it as much as I do. Don't you just hate those commercials where the moms look so happy and jolly doing the laundry? Keep it up girl! You're doing a fine job =)

    ReplyDelete