About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two fabulous kids and a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I love my home, family and friends, serving my community, and am always an Auburn Tiger.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

6 Most Important Things


I had a Mt Everest moment the other day.

You know those moments we have has women and moms where what we need tp do seems completely insurmountable? And we don't know how we are going to get it all done?  Even better, where to start?  Do you know what I did when I was having a moment the other day?

Went to the paint store and bought paint.

Yes, I started another project to avoid doing all of the tasks that I knew I needed to do.

Painting gives you a great opportunity to think.  I thought about all of these other tasks I needed to get done and why I was feeling overwhelmed.  And then I had my light bulb moment.  I needed to write it down.

Mary Kay believed in the "6 Most Important Things to Do" list.  At the beginning of every day, she would write down the 6 things she wanted to do during the day and when she accomplished these tasks, she would call that day a success.  Clearly, I was not doing this.  This lover of lists was not creating a list.   

For the past couple of evenings, I have been coming up with my :"6 most important things to do list" for my home and family and then another list for my Mary Kay business.  I try and be realistic in what I can accomplish in a day.  I'm not going to put "paint entire house" and "re landscape the yard" in one day, but I can get "call 5 customers" and "clean out the refrigerator" done in one day.   I am slowly climbing my Mt Everest.  And, not freezing my tail off.

By the way, the paint color looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment