About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two fabulous kids and a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I love my home, family and friends, serving my community, and am always an Auburn Tiger.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Off to Mimi's house we go!

I am such a lucky girl to have so many special women in my life.  One of these such women just became a Mimi yesterday afternoon.  Because Melissa is one of Lisa a mine's favorite people, we wanted to honor her and her new grandbaby boy.


We unfortunately didn't get to many photos of the event (fancy schmancy camera's battery died), but it was a lovely, intimate affair with some fabulous food and women.  Cucumber sandwiches, salmon mousse, fruit (cause you have to attempt to be healthy at a party), truffles, key lime pie, and other tiny desserts.  We had a great time laughing and being with each other.  The theme was "off to Grandmother's house we go" and we had cars on the invitations and decorated with gerber daisies and bright colors.  We wanted to honor the baby boy, but still wanted everything to be feminine.  And, how often do you really get to go to a tea?!  Not that often at my house!

One of my favorite parts (cause I made them myself) were our favors - Rocky Road Fudge (get it?!).
 
  I used Paula Deen's Dummy Fudge recipe because I discovered that I really am a dummy and can't make fudge the "real" way.  So, here is her recipe and it is so darn easy and it tastes so good!

Paula Deen's Dummy Fudge

1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz bag)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of mini marshmellows
1/2 cup pecans

Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler.  Once chocolate is melted, add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp of vanilla.  Once that is well blended, add in your mix-ins and in my case they were marshmellows and pecans.  Put in an 8 by 8 brownie pan and put it in the freezer until firm. 

I put mine in the freezer first for about 10 minutes and then I let it really cool off in the fridge, but that is not necessary.  I brought to slightly below room temperature for cutting.  I packaged them up in little cello bags and hung them from everyone's chair in these cute cones.  Easy peasy!  They taste fantastic and are super quick to make.


Lisa, Melissa and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment